An experiment in dynamical cartoons.
loading SVG . . .
Background of this cartoon
This is an experiment with dynamic cartoons.
The time I published this cartoon I had not checked the price of Bitcoin and set the ransom too high. The cartoon worked, but it still grated.
Ofcourse getting the right amount for Bitcoins is dependent on the volatile rate of Bitcoins. So I thought it would be nice to have a dynamic text in the cartoon. This idea stewed a long time in my brain until I decided to make it happen.
How I did it
I think SVG is the way to go for dynamic drawings: it’s made for the Web and the xml structure is easy to modify. I don’t draw in SVG, so first I had to convert the cartoon. There are plenty of online tools that do that for you with nice results. The result was a SVG of 320K.
If you want to see the original you can visit the following link: Link to the original cartoon
It was a fun thing to do and I already have some other ideas to use the possibilities. But considering the original idea is from 2016 I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was you.